Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Candlelight Service

This shows the candlight service we had on 12/21 at church. We sing Christmas hymns and read the story of the birth of Jesus Christ. This is my favorite church service of the year--it doesn't matter how cold it is outside, I always feel warm at this service. The picture is a bit fuzzy, but you can get the idea, right? The candlight is so warm.

Yesterday there was a Christmas concert at church (12/23), but I couldn't go because I was sick. I had a splitting headache and nausea and by afternoon started vomiting. What would you diagnose me with? I'm at work today, but feeling weak. I hope to make it to church for a small Christmas celebration with my kids tonight. As I said before, since Christmas is not a holiday in Japan, most people can't attend church on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day (12/25).

How will you spend Christmas Eve?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Christine, Merry Christmas!
Please take care.

foreign teacher said...

Merry Christmas to you too!