Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Conference in Holland


Hi Everyone,

I know it's been a long time. Sorry! I've been going to a lot of conferences and learning a lot. This is Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum (LUMC), or the Leiden University Hospital. I went to Leiden in the Netherlands for the International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE). You may wonder why an English teacher would visit a science educators conference. That's easy! I teach "scientific" English AND I wanted to meet the experts in using team-based learning (TBL). I think that TBL has been a real lifesaver for our classes and I wanted to get a chance to talk to some real professionals in the field. It was great! I learned a lot and made some great friends. I can't wait to try what I've learned!

FT
Posted by Picasa

No comments: