Monday, February 1, 2010

Class Trips

 
It's a pleasure to watch my children growing up with so many great friends here in Japan. One highlight of school life in Japan is the "class trip." As a high school student, my daughter got to take a 3 night 4 day trip to beautiful Hokkaido to ski with her classmates. Although she didn't grow up in a skiing family, she did grow up in a "rise to any challenge" family. Therefore, she tried.

I laughed when she described the ski pro that gave her class lessons. She said he looked so cool and amazing as he skied down those snowy slopes, but when he took off the hat and goggles he looked just like "Nobita-kun" in the anime "Doraemon."

I guess being really good at something can make someone look really good. I guess I'll have to get started working on being really good at something.

FT
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

qwyrxian said...

I think the school trip is great, especially when schools do something unusual. The school I teach at also goes skiing (to Nagano). I've heard that recently some schools have switched to amusement parks or other similar activities; but I think it's a much more valuable experience if they can do something that is radically different from what they can normally do.