Thursday, May 6, 2010

With my Sweetheart

 
And here I am with my sweetheart. Our hobby these days is renting a motorcycle whenever we both have a free day (which isn't very often) and riding off to somewhere--anywhere--just enjoying the wind in our faces and the view that passes us by. Overt affection isn't very 'acceptable' in Japan--especially for upstanding citizens like ourselves (haha!). So riding gives me the opportunity to HUG my sweetheart in front of the whole world without worrying about being considered uncouth.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

qwyrxian said...

That's a pretty sneaky "trick!" Another one I've "heard" of "some people" doing is when you ride the train together, especially if it's crowded, the man can hold onto the strap while the woman holds onto him. I mean, she's just trying to stand up without falling, right?

Having been here for a while now, though, do you think that there is more public hand-holding than in the past? I seem to see it fairly often, especially in a "younger" part of town.

foreign teacher said...

Yes, there does seem to be an increase of hand holding--and I think it's great. However, sometimes I think certain young people cling to each other in public as a sort of statement that they are refusing to conform. That's OK too, but I prefer pure motives like LOVE;)